- Registered Dietitian, Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Certified Specialist in Sport Dietetics, Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Masters of Science, Kinesiology. University of Victoria, Victoria, BC
- University Health Network Dietetic Internship Program, Toronto, Ontario
- Bachelor of Applied Science (honors), Food & Nutrition. Ryerson University, Toronto, Ontario
- IOC Diploma Sport Nutrition. Medical Commission, International Olympic Committee
- ISAK Level 3 Anthropometrist
- Jones, L., Meyer, N., & Gibson, J. (2014). Weight Management Practices of 2012 Olympians in Combat Sports. International Journal of Wrestling Science. 4(1): 56-64.
- Gibson, J., Stuart-Hill, L., Pethick, W., & Gaul, K. (2012) Hydration status, fluid and sodium balance in elite Canadian junior women’s soccer players in a cool environment. Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism. 37(5): 931-7.
- Gibson, J., Martin S, Stuart-HIll, L., & Gaul, K. (2011). Nutrition status of junior elite Canadian female soccer athletes. International Journal of Sport Nutrition & Exercise Metabolism. 21(6): 507-14
- Gibson, J., Temple, V., Anholt, J., & Gaul, K. (2011). Nutrition needs assessment of young special olympics participants. Journal of Intellectual & Developmental Disability. 36(4): 264-8.
- Gibson, J., Gaul,K.,& Janzen, J. (2011). Education and training of sport dietitians in Canada: A review of current practice. Canadian Journal of Dietetic Practice and Research. 72(2): 88-91.
- Gibson, J. & Day, M. (2010). Nutrition Guidelines for Food and Beverages Sold at Sporting Events in British Columbia. Ministry of Healthy Living and Sport & SportMedBC.
- Gibson, J. Special Olympics Canada Young Athletes Nutrition Guide (2009). Special Olympics Canada.
- Gibson, J. (2008). Practical considerations in applying theory: How can we narrow the gap between, sports science and professional practice in sports nutrition? International Journal of Sport Science and Coaching, 3, 309-312. Invited Commentary.
- McDonald, C., Karamlou, T., Wengle, J., Gibson, J., McCrindle, B.W. (2006). Nutrition and Exercise Environment Available to Outpatients, Visitors, and Staff in Children’s Hospitals in Canada and the United States. Archives of Pediatric Adolescent Medicine, 160: 900-905.
- Gibson, J. (2004). Confessions of an Intern. Canadian Journal of Dietetic Practice and Research. Practice Quarterly Issue #26